Monday, September 21, 2009

The ball is in B.C.

Hello!!

So, Matt refers to me as Stilly or Still... Most people simply say; Liz. For those of you who know me or who were on Mission, you will understand this. For those of you who don't know me and were not on mission... I apologize because you will probably never find out as to why he refers to me in this manner.

As Matt had mentioned in our very first blog entry, this blog came about in a very peculiar way. You see, Matt and this 'other guy' (who shall remain nameless) were pestering me all summer long. "Stilly... you haven't updated your blog in awhile..." One day, Matty, being all sarcastic (yes I caught it, so you can go run around the building, house, church or car that you are currently in right now, three times please) said to me... "I almost wrote a blog today, and then decided not to.. maybe you'll beat me to it" implying once again that I hadn't written in my blog and that he would beat me to it one day.

side note: you may have noticed the "history" box to your right--->
this would be my old blog.

So, here we are a month after mission with our new blog!!
Stilly & Matty... COAST TO COAST! We hope you enjoy your stay!


Just so all you readers know... Matt and I won't always necessarily (or ever) know before hand what each other has written or what we are going to write. So, little to Matt's knowledge, I am writing a blog entry the very same day he wrote his AND that what I'm going to write about is very similar to what he wrote. COOL EH?!!

I too, have been thinking lately about what I'm going to do with my future... career, family, etc. While on Mission, I decided I needed to take a year off school. You know, pay my student loans back, get some money, work a bit, take a break from my lovely hour and a half commute every day for classes and to just be more present at home with the fam jam. Then of course, the day after I got back home from Mission, I unexpectedly got this job as Youth Minister at my Parish. WOAH!(dramatic effect?)

I had been wondering during mission how I could be more active in my Parish when I got home and I think God spoke pretty clearly to me here and said "this is how... and you start september 1st." So, here I am, September almost over and I know that this is where I need to be.

Before mission, I would never have thought I could possibly put my plans on hold and take a year off, so I'm very new to this. But I'm left wondering what I'm actually meant to do for the rest of my life? Am I supposed to give up MY DREAM of being a teacher? Go back to school in one year, in three years, ever? Go to a different school? However daunting these questions may be, I'm trying to just focus on today for ["can any of us by worrying add a single hour to our span of life?] (Matthew 6.27)

I'm finding it very exciting not knowing what God's plans are while at the same time knowing full well that His plans are far greater than my own. ( "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways my ways, says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." - Isaiah 55.8 )

Being as I have no idea what I'm doing as a Youth Minister, I may as well not have any idea about what I'm doing come next year, right? Expecting the unexpected one day at a time...that's my motto.

One of my fav. verses actually...

But strive first for the kingdom of God
and His righteousness, and all these
things will be given to you as well.

- Matthew 6.33

1 comment:

  1. Hey, this blog is cool!

    I seriously think many of the IMPACTers are feeling the same way. We have no idea what the heck is going on with life, so we must put our trust in Him.

    Keep updating! :)

    Miss you both.

    -Chantal

    ReplyDelete